1 Year Anniversary

I have been whisked away from my gardening addiction. My sweetheart and I celebrated our one year anniversary. He bought me some beautiful flowers. Thanks Hun!
So I'm clearly addicted to gardening. However, the strangest thing of it all is that I "suffer" from fear of bugs (except for ladybugs) and spiders. My neighbors will sometimes hear me scream as early as 6:30 in the morning as a brazen bug comes in contact with me.

I've been noticing a lot more wildlife: crickets, ants, butterflies, bees, lizards, unknowns, and even Peter Cottontail which made me wonder about the balance in my garden. I don't really pay attention to insects because my hair would stand up like Doc Brown, but I do see the necessity. As we speak, a hoard of loathsome June bug larvae are in my garden bed. I'll have to correct the situation with the purchase of nematodes in the spring (shudder). Dill will be my best friend for the rest of my gardening life. It apparently attracts beneficial insects like the lacewing, ladybugs, hoverflies, and parasitic mini-wasps (source: Farmer Fred).

Comments

Popular Posts