The stuff that little black boxes are made of: lemon mint. As I was preparing my yard for the fall season, I remembered how tough it was to pull out this stubborn plant in the spring. If you let it grow big enough, the main stem and roots will be as thick as a tree branch (as seen below). Not only that, but established rose bushes seem to even have problems with it. It is so invasive that it somehow managed to do a 180 and wound up at the front yard. If you are cursed with this plant, the pitchfork is my weapon of choice... fire seems like a more entertaining idea but I don't think the fire department would enjoy seeing my smoke signals.


I thought the company I had ordered from was Rare Seeds but it is actually Baker Creek Seed Co. Which is part of the Monsanto Free Seed Company list. Doing more research, I'm finding more and more that the purple variety probably wasn't the best choice. Oh well, I'll still try, and I'll build a shade to shield it from our intense summer sun. *** Nice Bonus, got a free packet of carrots. Thanks Baker Creek!

While I was waiting for my seeds, I went to look for alternatives since it seemed like more than the 7 business days that the website had stated. I think I purchased too much, but I love to garden. We'll see what happens.

Comments

Popular Posts