Mini Swale

I had mentioned that I was having problems with my hillside nutrients running down the hill during rainfall. It was suggested that I should try to create a swale. The instructions were a little over my head, so I just went ahead and made my own, crude version of it. Someday, I'll probably be able to wrap my ahead around the idea.

My friend at work told me of a great sale that they were having at the Plant Shed. Got the small vegetable plants for 1.69 with a coupon. I also bought a forsythia bush.


 As you can see, I cheated ^.^ Since this is my first time gardening, I'm not sure if my plant... lings are growing up the way they ought to be. I bought: Cayenne, California Wonder, Jalepeno and a Tomato plant. I'll be buying some wood chips to go over this.








I also made a happy discovery that the Yellow rose bush not only survived, but produced a beautiful flower. In my panic to document the strange phenomenon and my short time frame to plant my forsythia bush, I forgot to take a picture of the rose!

The poor thing was suffering from a hostile takeover by my red rose bush and a pink flourishing rose bush. It's under control, I think. However, I found these strange bites on my leaves. Of course, the leafcutter bee had to bite my fledgling rose bush :\. Well que sera sera.

Comments

Popular Posts